Tuesday, August 23, 2005

when things go wrong... and right

mixed day for me..
like most mornings, this morning too i sat in front of my computer
to check my mail with a cup of coffee on the side .. no emails. so i was blindly and rather hastily reachin for my coffee when i accidentally knocked the cup over onto my keyboard.. but with my fast reflexes to aid me, i managed to catch the cup halfway before full damage was done.. then i placed the cup on the floor and proceeded to wipe the liquid off my keyboard with tissues. took some time and quite a lot of tissues before i was done. happy with a job well done, i was just stepping away when i knocked the half full cup of coffee onto the carpet!!! .. :/ a nice way to start the day!

needless to say, my mom was furious with me.. i was actually happy to leave home for school today! and oh, i've barely over a week of classes left before high school is done! yeaa. though of course there are still the finals to tackle.. stupid A-level exams are spread over two months(oct/nov)! and no matter how crappy or good i was throughout high school, these final grades will be the only ones that will get to my transcript! so i better do welll..

rained heavily during the day... and since i had only a couple of free classes today, i just played table tennis indoors. was havin fun losing to everyone.. and suddenly i remembered my bag..woah.. it was outside in the heavy rain!! i scrambled to get it.. the bag looked sodden but fortunately it was all dry on the inside.. ! thank god for waterproof bags.. i had important stuff in there!

also played some four-a-side football (not american football) when the rain abated. our group of 4 was invincible... we lost count of the number of goals we made, and didn't concede a single one! haha.. scored quite a few myself with numerous assists.. ;)

oh and i almost forgot to mention this.. my 'letter to the editor' got published in the kathmandu post. i'd sent about three emails regarding the blooper to the post last friday, but they didn't respond. and i wrote this crappy piece abt rising oil prices under some ficticious name and it got published! haha..

that's it for today i guess... until tomorrow then.

5 comments:

AR said...

thanks.. though i wouldn't say i'm havin any resoundin success! or i'd have had the blooper letter published..!

Girl said...

did you know you can run a keyboard through the dishwasher?

as long as its not a laptop of course!

AR said...

really? didn't know that!!

Anonymous said...

Hey do teach me some of your “fast reflexes” they might be handy someday.
And Goodluck with you’re A-Levels exams. And Congratualtions, so they printed some stuff that wasn’t criticising their newspaper right?

AR said...

thanks...

if u want to learn some of my "fast reflexes", u'll have to come take lessons. i charge a nominal fee only. u know where to find me! ;)