Saturday, August 20, 2005

here comes saturday.... and here it goes!

today's topics: wallpaper, weather, electricity, sleep paralysis and weirdo factor! some topics in more detail than others...

ok, my sister has had the same "windows xp" wallpaper for a longggg time! so i was suggestin she change her wallpaper and she agreed, "perhaps i should have my own photo on my desktop." well, it's her choice. but she had no pics of her in her computer... so the obvious solution was to get new photos.

but she just wouldn't let me take her photo!! ..maybe she wanted to play the celebrity who is chased down by a paparazzo! anyway, i managed to get a few shots... and the pic here shows what her desktop looks like right now... :) .. that was the best shot i got! she asked for my help and i had to help her, didn't i?

the weather: the day was overcast and it even rained for a while. also, the electricity was out for a few hours during the day! i called up the electricity place and they said they had some "systems problem" in my area... whatever that means!

oh and yes, i had this sleep paralysis thing today. when i awoke i couldn't move my body at all... was totally paralysed... like i was pinned to my bed! if u don't know what sleep paralysis means, check out this link. apparently, when we are in deep sleep, our bodies are kinda paralysed. and if we happen to awaken directly from this deep sleep, we become fully conscious but our bodies are still paralysed... not a pleasant experience but it happens. nothing too serious though. it corrects itself.

but what's confusing to me is i don't know whether i dreamed that i had sleep paralysis or i actually had sleep paralysis. because i had jus read abt this thing not too long ago!

switching topics, how weird are you? find out here. turns out i'm 30% weird...!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

man! you write about the most obscure of things..sleep paralysis! you have the most interesting choice of topics, really.
i haven't had SP in a long time but i remember my experiences quite vividly. it seemed like my brain was awake but my body was unable to respond to it's signals. i remember struggling to move my body but trying was in vain, desperately hoping that someone would help me wake up. the biggest difficulty was in trying to open my eyes. it was a most intense struggle. in the end, i either succumbed to whatever was happening to me (i thought i was dying) or woke up. one thing i noticed was that sleep paralysis only occurred to me only after i was told of it by someone. i think if somehow the thought if it enters your dreams, then chances are that it will happen.

Girl said...

thanks for the visit!

I too am 30% weird, sounds so normal really.

Anonymous said...

forgive me, braindead! please
don't be angry! i know i have greatly displeased you today by failing to deliver my usual post of sarcastic comments but i can explain. it's really not my fault. you see, your entries have been getting so good lately that i've actually started to enjoy them and i just can't bring myself to mock them anymore. i'd rather incurr your wrath than commit such a heinous hypocricy. in fact, i'll say it loud and clear: i think this blog rocks! sorry.

however, you can rest assured that i will resume my sarcasm as soon as your blog starts to clog. one tiny blunder and i'm baaaaaaack. so there's still hope for you. just keep your fingers crossed for a major screw up. until then, allow me to enjoy your lovely writing.
always,
anonynous

AR said...

thanks anonymous1 for your vivid account... very similar to mine actually. but i had my eyes open but i couldn't look around because, no matter how hard i tried, i couldn't seem to get my head to turn! oh why did i ever learn about SP?

thanks for the visit too, just a girl...

and anonymous2, welcome back. i so miss your sarcastic comments.. do continue.. please.

Zameera said...

braindead.. thnx for the visit.. zamira here.. shall we link up? http://sweetzzsensation.blogspot.com

hmm.. do u have msn? wats ur name btw? anyway.. welcome to the cyberworld of blogging.. cool entries u have there.. til then take care.. do visit my blog..

AR said...

ok..and thanx zameera!

Anonymous said...

Hey braindead, you know something, your sister’s pillow would be “PERFECT” for a pillow fight!

Sleep paralysis..horrifying!!

AR said...

haha...

and sleep paralysis is not as horrifying as it sounds! :)