Thursday, February 26, 2009

handy

i lost my simcard. i bought an English simcard for my week in England, so i put my german one in my pocket. once i got back here and checked, it had disappeared. must have fallen out during the many times i pulled stuff out of my pocket. i knew i should have put the tiny simcard somewhere safer.

it's not the cost of the simcard that annoys me, but rather the inconvenience losing one entails. all the forms and documents that required my phone number had that number on it, like for my insurance, city registration, bank etc. now i'll have to get a new simcard and have my new details sent to them. i think i'll only bother with the insurance company and the bank, really. plus, there's telling your contacts about your new number. but thankfully i don't have as many contacts here in Germany... although i'm not sure if that's something to be thankful about!

so yesterday i went to the phone store to get myself a prepaid card. i found one with very cheap call charges but expensive initial cost. i still have quite a few months to go so i got that. but what i really began this topic for was to discuss what happened in the store. now that i think about it, it isn't all that interesting, but i've written too much to go back now.

anyway, this old man walks into the store. he brings out this really fancy cellphone from his pocket and says that it stopped working. he asks the store guy if he can fix it. the guy behind the desk takes it and opens it. it's dead. he tries to power it on. nothing. then he asks the old man if he had charged it. and the old man looks confused.. the phone hadn't been charged! so the store guy had to explain to the old man that the phone needs to be charged so it can work!

and i just found out that i'm a bad story teller! haha.. it was a pretty amusing incident. moreover it was in german and so made it doubly amusing for me for some reason! :D oh and the germans call the cellphone, "handy"! kinda weird!

also, i sincerely hope there has been some glitch in the blogger thingy, otherwise i seem to have scared off all my followers!!

4 comments:

Skz said...

Don't worry, the people who think that your writing/stories are interesting or would like to partake in your life events will stay around. You keep writing because its important to you,that'z what really matters.

Saurav Shrestha said...

ooh.. ok. Looks like I was following anonymously. Sry about that.

n its great u got google friend connect. I was just playing around that for my work site. seems pretty neat.

your story about the guy w/ cell phone reminds me of my parents.

I tried teaching my mom how to operate the puter (while back home in ktm) so that we could email each other, and she was dead scared to turn it on for some reason.

Anyways, I found out im not much of a story teller either.

but keep posting:) its good to read about your adventures :D

AR said...

no worries. i think anonymous has become the default option or sth, i dunno. it's not a problem, it was just a surprise to see the followers list empty. i assumed i was throwing my readers off.. but am glad to know that's not exactly the case!

and what's google friend connect? and how do you know i have that? i'm an idiot!

Anonymous said...

I ADAMS KEVIN, a representative Aiico Insurance plc, we trust and respect for individual differences in day out a loan. We will provide 2% of the loan's interest rate. If you are interested in this business contact us by e-mail: (adams.credi@gmail.com) now transfer their loan documents issued properly. Do you need a loan to set up business or school if you are very welcome to Aiico Insurance plc. You can also contact us by e-mail: (adams.credi@gmail.com). We first week can request a balance transfer.

DO YOU NEED LOAN FOR PERSONAL BUSINESS? IF YOU CONTACT YOUR EMAIL ABOVE TO PROCEED WITH YOUR LOAN TRANSFER IMMEDIATELY OK.