Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Indulgence

Someone at the office today brought leftover Halloween candies and left the giant bowl in the kitchen area. I have been abstaining from candies recently in my bid to lose some weight and lead a healthier lifestyle, but here I sit sucking on a lollipop! It's not my fault that a giant bowl full of an assortment of candies was essentially shoved in my face. Who can say no to that?

The wrappers for 2 Lifesaver gummies, a bunch of skittles, 3 starbursts and 3 chocolate-dipped pretzels are staring at me from the trashcan, filling me with guilt as if the extra calories had not already accomplished that task. The sugar rush has definitely woken me up though, unlike the cup of coffee I had before.

I have discovered that when I'm visiting the gym regularly, I'm very particular about what I eat. But when I've not been to the gym in a while, I let an increasing amount of junk food sneak into my diet. A lot of this has to be psychological. After all, when I put a lot into a workout, I'm not going to let it all go to waste by gorging on a family-size pack of Cheetos!

I've not been to the gym in a couple of weeks owing to my GRE exam preparations and I think my gluttony today is reminder of how easy it is to fall back into the old lifestyle. I've to start going to the gym again, but perhaps not until after some over-indulgence meal over Thanksgiving weekend! haha

7 comments:

tour in nepal said...

gooooood

Anonymous said...

same pinch..... :)...I hope u wud be back soon with new posts :) I relate to your posts a lot :)

AR said...

Thanks for leaving a comment! I keep meaning to update the blog, and then I forget all about it. Maybe I WILL get back to it soon :)

Jagriti Ghimire said...

It's not my fault that a giant bowl full of an assortment of candies was essentially shoved in my face. Who can say no to that?
:))
well written

actually there was ur post on blogsurf on THT "transliteration" i wanted to know more on that but i couldnot find it here..

real estate nepal said...

Nice

real estate nepal said...

nice :D

Anonymous said...

I ADAMS KEVIN, a representative Aiico Insurance plc, we trust and respect for individual differences in day out a loan. We will provide 2% of the loan's interest rate. If you are interested in this business contact us by e-mail: (adams.credi@gmail.com) now transfer their loan documents issued properly. Do you need a loan to set up business or school if you are very welcome to Aiico Insurance plc. You can also contact us by e-mail: (adams.credi@gmail.com). We first week can request a balance transfer.

DO YOU NEED LOAN FOR PERSONAL BUSINESS? IF YOU CONTACT YOUR EMAIL ABOVE TO PROCEED WITH YOUR LOAN TRANSFER IMMEDIATELY OK.