Thursday, May 03, 2007

Crrrazy day

Yesterday was one crazy day!!

We were at the engineering lab all night since Tuesday evening for the engineering project (Robot Olympics) due yesterday. It was fun with so many teams working on their separate robots; there was an almost party-like atmosphere in that small room in the engineering building basement complete with food and entertainment in the form of witty comments!

But we did take breaks, at 9pm on Tuesday we went to watch a hilarious improv comedy show by the comedy group here. Then played some made-up ball game in the engr building corridor at around 1 in the morning. Then at 7.30am yesterday morning, we went for breakfast. But since it's exam review week, the dining places only open for brunch and dinner! We had to wait until 8, and me and my teammate fell asleep in the couches on the lobby.

The Robot Olympics went great. We scored a goal in the soccer event, our robot was the second best in tug-of-war and we took third place in the art competition. Overall, we were tied at first place with some other team. So it was a successful competition for us. The all-nighter certainly paid off!

Immediately following the Olympics, I had to attend the Research Symposium here to present my poster for the research I'm currently involved in. It was tiring having to stand beside my poster for a couple of hours even. Then at four I had to attend the Robot Team meeting. But I accidentally fell asleep so I ran late. I am glad I made it though because we took team pictures, that meeting being the last one for the year.

The day was far from over. After dinner, we went laser tagging with my seminar class. This was my first time so I was really excited. The game involved wearing more gear and carrying a larger laser gun than I expected, but it was a lott of fun... and very tiring too!

The next few hours were spent at Crazy-Mike's place, and I'll only say this, it was wild! He's known as Crazy-Mike for a reason!

It's the next day.. and I feel really good. We only have a few days until our finals now but I don't feel like studying yet.

Alright then, that's it for today. I really don't think I captured the crazy day that was yesterday quite so well in this post. But I'm no writer, so forgive me!

No comments: