Saturday, March 07, 2009

procrastinaton

it's killing me. my final is days away and carries 100% of the weight of my grade. it's a lot of pressure but i'm finding it hard to study for it. i'm used to studying only a few days in advance, and if given more than a week, it's inevitably wasted. i just can't concentrate! the extra time would help me a great deal if i actually studied. but why can i not motivate myself enough to stay focused. i'm constantly distracted, and bore myself to sleep if the computer is not turned on! i spent an hour looking up motivational quotes to help me, but it was just another hour lost because they were ineffective. reading the quotes was like eating candies - the taste does not linger for long afterwards. reading the quotes i get all motivated and ready to go, until the boost begins to fade with every minute of study.

it shouldn't be this way. i should love what i'm studying. i love my major. but some courses required for its fulfillment are not where my love lies. it's especially not fulfilling because it's a theoretical course on a practical subject. why am i not doing this in the lab and instead studying about it? i know for a fact that this course involves labs and a final project back in my college in the US. i guess the huge classes here makes lab participation impractical.

enough with the rant. i need to get back to studying. but hold on, i also forgot to mention some things in the last post that i had meant to include. i don't feel like writing very long so i'll just be quick. i'll list 'em:
* "MIND THE GAP"... an announcement you'll hear constantly repeated in the tube. it's memorable because of the it's said, as well as the frequency with which it's said. it'll begin when a train comes into a station and be repeated loudly and persistently until it leaves!
* ATM's were labeled as "cash machine"s.
* You are required to wear a seat belt even as a passenger on a bus. It applies only for long-journey buses, and many disregard the rule anyway.
* The English really do love their tea. I was offered tea all the time at my cousin's friend's place and there were a myriad of choices to pick from.

alright, i'll get back to the studying now. or rather hope to get some studying done! ciao!

7 comments:

Saurav Shrestha said...

Try changing your study time. I found out I'd be more productive if i kept my study time in the mornings (6-10) rather than my usual (8-12) hours. This is because throughout the course of the day, i work, goto classes, deal with people, and other drama that when the time to study comes, I drift away into youtube or flickr or some other site.

AR said...

thanks z. i in fact woke up early this morning and tried, but fell back asleep! haha. but it definitely felt like it might work if I actually slept on time the night before! :)

Skz said...

i perfected the art of procrastination. for real, i am excellent at it. such a waste talent.
Good luck with the exams.

AR said...

thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Looking up inspirational quotes? That is so me! I do that all the time. Nd yes I leave all my assignments to the last day! Give me weeks of time and it wouldn't matter! The most awful thing about this is that I'm actually a good student working way less than my 'potential'. Sigh. I love how you get to travel a lot.

K

AR said...

Thanks for commenting! This was a while back. I have a much more sedentary life now :(. I definitely miss those days.

Anonymous said...

I ADAMS KEVIN, a representative Aiico Insurance plc, we trust and respect for individual differences in day out a loan. We will provide 2% of the loan's interest rate. If you are interested in this business contact us by e-mail: (adams.credi@gmail.com) now transfer their loan documents issued properly. Do you need a loan to set up business or school if you are very welcome to Aiico Insurance plc. You can also contact us by e-mail: (adams.credi@gmail.com). We first week can request a balance transfer.

DO YOU NEED LOAN FOR PERSONAL BUSINESS? IF YOU CONTACT YOUR EMAIL ABOVE TO PROCEED WITH YOUR LOAN TRANSFER IMMEDIATELY OK.